This is an opportunity to join an early-stage, fast-growing social enterprise with significant professional growth opportunities. Initially our Program Associate will play a key role in managing the launch and maintenance of our core program and as the scope of the role evolves, will go on to lead large teams and entire departments and make major contributions to shaping and delivering on our vision.
An initial set of core responsibilities is likely to include:
- Report directly to Program Director
- Management of ~3 Program Officers leading citizen, facility and local government engagement and working on service performance and optimisation
- Management of facility launch process – e.g., overseeing training for facility healthcare workers.
- Drive implementation ideas – identify problems, design solutions and test them to optimise service design
- Lead aspects of government engagement:
– Collaborate with Ministry of Health to build capacity of local government and Healthcare workers in addressing client feedback and Quality Improvement
– Provide technical assistance to local government officials to support facilities in planning, implementing and evaluating client feedback
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in any subject, preference for Public Health, Business, Clinical Medicine, Social Work or similar
- Prior experience working with healthcare workers and/or in primary healthcare facilities and/or in local government settings strongly preferred
- Experience in design thinking or human-centered design preferred.
- Experience in managing complex projects across multiple stakeholders to a clear timeline. Able to identify interdependencies and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience managing a small team of reports (~3) and leading their professional development enabling them to perform at their full potential.
- Excellent problem solver. Able to identify, define and deconstruct complex problems, develop hypotheses for how to solve the problem and then test them. Has demonstrated this in multiple roles and different settings.
- Clear in both verbal and written communication forming opinions and justifications. Confident in giving public presentations and holding the attention of an audience.
- Demonstrated ability to build trusted relationships with individuals from a range of backgrounds (e.g., community leaders, healthcare workers, government officials)
- Proactively manages time and works efficiently setting priorities and personal deadlines for tasks.
- Experience working in unstructured/early-stage environment preferred.
- Comfortable designing and managing quantitative and qualitative research programs, and able to identify key takeaways.
- Competent working in the MS Office suite including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Fluent in English and Swahili
- Passionate about Afya Pamoja’s vision
- Ownership: we don’t have the answers to all the challenges that we’re going to face. Our team members need to have the instincts to identify a problem and solve it with limited support.
- Embodies a “Growth mindset”, the instinctive desire to grow professionally and develop new skills that also contribute to the long-term success of the organisation.
- Entrepreneurially-minded: remain proactive despite a relatively high level of uncertainty and an evolving scope of work.
- Competitive annual salary.
- Private medical insurance package.
- 25 days annual leave plus all Tanzanian public holidays.
- Flexibility to work from home and office.